FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 30 – June 12, 2010 ??
Ratio 3, 1447 Stevenson Street, San Francisco, CA 94103?? USA
Opening reception: April 30, 2010, 6-8pm.
Ratio 3 is pleased to announce Jordan Kantor’s second solo exhibition at the gallery.
The exhibition will feature all new works, debuted here. These will include:
• several paintings on canvas, some in oil, others in enamel
• two looping slide projections
• a group of unique etchings with aquatint, in brushed finish welded aluminum artist’s frames
• three wax paper palette/paintings
• a large cut-and-pasted paper collage on canvas in a hand-painted artist’s frame with objects.
Though comprised of individual pieces, this exhibition is conceived as a constellation of works to be seen together in the space in which they are shown.
Since his last solo show at Ratio 3 in 2008, Jordan Kantor’s work has been featured in the 2008 California Biennial at the Orange County Museum of Art (2008), the 2008 SECA Art Award Exhibition at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (2009), Untitled (History Painting) at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (2009), and in a solo Art Statements presentation at Art|40|Basel (2009). Later this year, his work will be seen in Kurt at the Seattle Art Museum and in Image Transfer: Pictures in a Remix Culture at the Henry Art Gallery, Seattle.
In 2010, Kantor became the inaugural recipient of ArtNow International’s Pioneer Art Award, which includes a residency at the Kadist Art Foundation in Paris, France. He lives in San Francisco.